Tuesday, November 23, 2021

I wouldn't say I liked the height of what they told me I couldn't do.

I woke up one morning clearly seeing sparkles. I thought it was a beautiful scene where my dreams had gathered. 
It was a definite sign of something hopeful and inspiring. 
Yet when I explained the fantasies to the world, they kindly shut me down. 
Don't speak too loudly, shine too bright, woman, please remain to the side. 
It was okay for a while; I believed I understood their views. 
But soon after, I became confused, and nothing they said was true. 
I volunteered to be an example, but the consequence was critical. 
I aimed at the sky, but they chained me to their expectations. 
I wondered through a heartless mind, only to rebound into my own. 
The sparkles were circling my head again, but this time I knew better. This time I wouldn't speak because if I told someone of my magic. It might be a blessing they might want to keep for themselves. 
Share:

0 comments:

Post a Comment